Are your current dental marketing efforts producing any meaningful results?
rather than passively waiting for referrals, and waiting for patients to somehow magically find you, consider how purposeful, intentional dental marketing can be vital to continually and steadily growing your dental business.
However, most patients and potential patients still don’t know where to find your practice. If they’re a patient you can always ask them to contact you directly. But for the other 85% of potential patients, they’ll need to be referred by somebody, and a highly effective way of doing that is through digital marketing.
How does digital marketing bring in new patients?
The most effective way to get leads through digital marketing is through social media. It’s how people are finding their current dentist, and it’s what you want your potential patients to do as well. Social media is the quickest and easiest way to contact people, build trust and confidence with potential patients and current patients, bring in new leads, increase brand awareness, and improve search engine rankings!
But the surest way to get leads is by word of mouth. Ask your friends or family who they would recommend for a dentist appointment. If you have enough referrals from those types of sources or if leads come from your company site (which is marketing itself).
Dental marketing is not the same as dental advertising. If you want to market your dental practice then you need to think about long term. You’re not just selling a product; you’re helping people with something important that will become a necessity in their everyday lives.
You also should remember that your site is not only for new patients but also for existing patients who still need some convincing or a reminder of why they liked your service in the first place. So your marketing needs to focus on improving retention, increasing word of mouth and referrals, and, finally, growing your business through advertising.
You’ve got a lot of options when it comes to advertising and marketing your practice. But the most effective approaches are the ones that are personalized to your practice and focused on building brand awareness, online visibility, and increasing referrals.
Here are some things you should do for dental marketing:
- Make a list of all the people who have seen your website or heard about you in some way before. Begin to build a contact list so that when you make changes to your site or launch new content, you can reach out to them and remind them about what they’ve seen before while also guiding them to new content you’ve added or updated since last time they visited.
- Start a blog. People are drawn to new and interesting content, especially when it’s on a topic they care about or are interested in hearing more about. You can post regular articles that talk about new developments in your industry, give readers information about their oral health habits, discuss your practice or your approach to dental treatment, and much more. The key is to regularly produce new and valuable content for your blog readers!
- Don’t forget the importance of email marketing. Email marketing is a great way to build brand awareness online by reaching out to potential patients via their inboxes and reminding them of what you have to offer. Start a newsletter for your practice and invite people to sign up. Also, send out regular content updates that promote digital marketing and explain why you think your practice is a great place to come in for treatment.
- Share valuable content. Put a lot of energy into creating great dental content that will be useful to your readers, whether it’s through social media posts, your blog, Instagram, or other similar channels. Make sure it’s educational and informative so that people will want to share it with their friends!
- Invest in a content management system. If you want your dental marketing to be successful then you need to invest in a really good content management system like the one from Dental Tribune. CMS has several great features that will help make your digital marketing and digital presence much more effective. Here are some examples:
- Allow you to update your site as often as necessary and as often as possible so that it’s always current.
- Makes it easier for people to share your site’s content with others by providing social media buttons that make it easy for them to quickly take action and share your content with their friends, family, and other contacts.
- Allow you to drill down into data about your site’s visitors so that you can see what types of content are most popular, who your visitors are, and more!
Dental marketing doesn’t need to be complicated. Focus on building brand awareness and trust, attracting new leads, and encouraging word of mouth with your existing patients by providing valuable content that will resonate with people. Digital marketing can help you reach people where they already spend a lot of their time online as well as provide them with the information they need to make better decisions about their oral health.
If you want to learn more about dental marketing and get the most from your digital marketing, Dental Tribune is the right choice for you. It’s a ridiculously easy-to-use content management system that will help you organize and optimize content for your site, maximize on your digital reach with search engine optimization (SEO), and improve customer service!
Go ahead and give it a try today!