Video marketing is an effective dental marketing tool as it demonstrates its effectiveness in engaging and converting audiences. Companies are now starting to see the value of investing in video creation as more consumers stay engaged with a brand that has more video content.
In marketing for dentists, video production varies on what your practice needs and preference. To give you more understanding, here are the different video types you can use for your practice.
- Commercials – 30 seconds to a minute short but striking videos that showcase your company’s strengths and features to summarize what your company can offer and its benefits. It is distributed for paid online advertising and television.
- Social Content Videos– Social content videos are short video clips created for social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Social Media Videos– These are usually 30-second fun and engaging videos to create traction to your social media page.
- Facebook and Instagram Story– is a short video or photo content that is only available for 24 hours.
- Instagram’s IGTV– It is 60-minute with vertical video format for mobile-friendly content.
- Linkedin video- It can be 3 seconds up to 30 minutes for an ad video. How-to Videos and storytelling about your practice and services are also video content ideas.
- Explainer videos – These are 3-minute videos or less that are short and efficient that explain and educate your target audience about your business, brand, product and services that you offer. Explainer videos aim to show your audience how you solve a problem and provide tools and services to make that happen with a call to action to choose your services.
- Video Testimonials – These types of videos are your automated credibility booster. It lasts from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. A patient who talks about their positive reviews using your product on a video increases your chance to get booked more.
Choosing the Right Video Type
Choosing your video type will depend on your end goal. In theory, Your video aims to raise awareness and create a call to action towards your practice. Do you want to educate your patients about dental procedures? Create explainer videos. Do you want to boost credibility? Produce a video testimonial.
Your dental marketing plan for your video will guide you before the video production process. Make sure to plan throughout before shooting any scene and digging your budget.
You can ask a dental marketing agency to help you plan your video marketing planning and strategy.
Video Production 101: The Three Stages of Video Production
Now that we discussed the different video types, we will discuss the 3 stages of the video production process. Dental marketing agencies usually have a production process estimated at 2-3 months.
These are the three stages of video production:
It is the first significant step that covers your video production planning. It is the stage where you plan your video concept and approval, create production schedules and work delegation.
This stage has four steps:
- Brainstorm -this is where you have to be creative in building your video concept and story. Brain dump everything your team can come up with. A dental marketing agency can help you check your video idea, provide feedback.
- Script Writing – It includes your story outline, voiceover script, sound effects, visuals and music. A one-minute video is about 120 words. A two-minute video is 240 words.
- Storyboard– It included a drawing of each scene for the video. That way, your director and cameraman know what type of camera angle they will use based on the visuals. You can hire a professional artist or ask your dental marketing agency or production company to hire one for you.
- Booking and Preparation– it include organizing and hiring talents, video production calendar distribution, contact sheet creation.
It is the stage where you execute the scenes after you plan your video. At this stage, you don’t need to worry. Dental marketing companies can help you out in shooting your videos using their professional equipment.
This stage has three steps:
- Audio/Visual Quality -Before shooting, you have to test all your audio and video equipment. Make sure that your video shots are the same as your storyboard.
- Lighting– It sets the mood and tone of your production. Double-check if it is completely working.
- Design– Check your setup, make-up, outfit, and props. Have a complete inventory of the small details that make the difference.
It is the video editing and graphic designing stage. Your hired dental marketing agency will take care of the editing process for you.
- Visual Effects – It includes editing scenes and mixing the right colour preset for your video.
- Sound Effects– It includes mixing the sound elements with the videos, adjusting the narration or dialogue.
- Graphic Effects– It includes editing font text, special effects for intro and outro, logos, names, product graphic design etc.
Ready to Take Your Shot?
Choosing the right video type will depend on your goal and marketing plans. We have discussed the three stages of video production. Preparation before the n will help you ease any problems which happen during, before and after producing your video. Video Production can be tricky and technical. If you want to do it right, you can always consult and hire a dental marketing agency for this type of dental marketing service.